Our Response to Covid-19
Since the onset of the global pandemic in March 2020, we have been committed to the safety of our staff as well as our guests at the Woodyard. We want you to know we are increasing our efforts and precautions to ensure you get to enjoy visiting the Woodyard as safely as possible.
Effective October 22nd, 2021, proof of vaccination is required.
All guests over the age 12 who wish to dine in with us must provide government issued photo identification and proof of full vaccination.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving their final dose.
Guests under the age of 12 do not need to provide proof of vaccination.
For our guests who are unable to receive an approved COVID-19 vaccine for medical or other approved reasons, an official exemption from vaccination document issued by the Chief Public Health Officer is required for entry.
You can obtain proof of vaccination by visiting https://www.gov.nt.ca/covid-
New dining room hours:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 4pm – 11pm
- Wednesday: 4pm – 11pm
- Thursday: 4pm – 11pm
- Friday: 11:30am – Midnight
- Saturday: 12pm – Midnight (Family Dining 12-7PM)
Takeout: Please note our takeout system will close if capacities inside the pub reach a limit that compromises our dine-in guest experience.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday - Thursday: 4pm – 8pm
- Friday - Closed
- Saturday - 4-8pm
To ensure the safety of our staff, patrons, and the Yellowknife community, we have developed a set of health and safety standards and protocols that adhere to the GNWT Emerging Wisely Plan.
- In order to operate at full capacity, we will be screening all customers' vaccination status. This means you must present your vaccination proof, along with a valid ID upon arriving.
- A reduced seating capacity inside and outside. Due to the limited seating capacity during Covid we are asking customers to limit their service to 90 min if they are finished ordering food and beverages in an effort to accommodate waiting guests at the door.
- Guests entering the pub to purchase growlers, off-sale beer, merchandise, gift cards, etc. are required to wear a mask or other face covering. We will also expect all guests who are waiting to dine in to wear a mask until they are seated at their table.
- Front of House staff will wear gloves when handling soiled dishes.
- Our food & drink menus will be electronic and accessed through our website on your personal device. Disposable paper copies available upon request.
- Designated cleaning teams will remove soiled plates & glassware.
- Hourly cleaning of high traffic areas
- Daily staff temperature checks
- We have converted the Men's washroom into staff only for their safety and the Women's washroom is now communal.
- Table sizes will be limited to 10 guests.
We kindly ask our customers to:
- Stay home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms. Customers showing symptoms will be denied entry and/or asked to leave.
- Do not gather or line up at the entrance. Once you are on the waitlist we will text you when your table is ready.
- Sanitize when entering the building using the sanitizers available at each entrance and when using the washroom.
- Avoid standing or mingling with other tables.
- Follow the directions on the floor signage.
- Please be patient as we figure out our new normal.
- Be kind.