Brewpub Front of House Staff - Servers/Bartenders/Support **Summer Students Welcome** APPLY NOW
Welcome to the NWT Brewing Company - nestled between the wonder of the aurora borealis and the rugged nature of the northern frontier, our little brewing outpost is one of a kind. Located in the spirited town of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories we are the northernmost brewpub in Canada.
Our 112 seat brewpub, The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery, is seeking new service staff to join our Woodyard team this spring/summer including part-time and full-time bartenders, servers, hosts and support staff. If you've previously worked in the industry or have customer service experience we'd love to chat further. A positive and professional approach to customers and coworkers is required and you must have the ability to work in a busy, fast paced work environment that is very team oriented. Multi-tasking and organizational skills are key but most importantly, we want you to have fun and expect a positive attitude at work and with fellow employees at all times.
We offer a casual work environment, a range of different work hours, vacation, extended health and dental benefits for full-time staff, company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
**Airfare to Yellowknife from anywhere in Canada will be covered by employer for 1 year full-time commitment**
- Hourly pay of $15.20-20/hour based on experience. Gratuities on top! Full-time and part-time positions available.
- Vacation pay at a rate of 4% payable on each pay cheque.
- 10% off NWT keg and growler purchases / 10% off bottle and can purchases
- 20% staff discount on merchandise
- 20% discount off food and beverage at The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery outside of your work hours.
- Extended health and dental benefits (full-time)
Summary of Position: As a member of our Front of House team, you will set the stage and have a direct impact on each guest's experience. You will determine whether each guest feels welcome, appreciated and well cared for in our establishment. We take great pride in our quality food and drinks as well as our friendly, responsive service. It is your responsibility to see that each guest has an enjoyable experience by maintaining an energetic, friendly and respectful attitude at all times and by delivering superior food and beverage service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Front Of House Positions – In addition to bartending and/or serving, you will assist the operation with other various Front of House positions including but not limited to: host, food and beverage runner, takeout sales, and bottle shop attendant.
2. Training – You must follow all daily, weekly, and/or monthly training requirements. Follow all Woodyard Steps of Service, product knowledge updates as well as company policies and procedures. You must read and adhere to all ongoing communications regarding this position.
3. Performance Evaluations – quarterly and annually performance evaluations and feedback will occur following your 3 month probationary period evaluation.
4. Product Knowledge – You must know our food and beverage menu and maintain product descriptions for all food and beverage menu items including nightly special(s). You are required to know the dietary and allergy aspects of our menu(s).
5. Duties – Perform and complete in good order opening and closing duties and adhere to all other tasks assigned to you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $15.20-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Extended health & dental benefits (full-time)
- 5-8 hour shift
- Day shifts available
- Monday to Friday
- Night shifts available
- Weekend availability
- Serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)