Cook APPLY NOW
Welcome to the NWT Brewing Company - nestled between the wonder of the aurora borealis and the rugged nature of the northern frontier, our little brewing outpost is one of a kind. Located in the spirited town of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories we are the northernmost brewpub in Canada.
Our 112 seat brewpub, The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery, is seeking a professional line cook and/or prep cook to join our culinary team. You must have a minimum 1 year prior experience working in a commercial kitchen and be able to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications. You must have the ability to work in a busy, fast paced work environment that is very team oriented. We expect a positive attitude at work and with fellow employees at all times. General duties will include assisting the Executive Chef with their daily tasks including preparing food, cooking food, setting up the line and service.
We offer a casual work environment, a range of different work hours, vacation, health benefits (coming 2022), company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
**Airfare to Yellowknife from anywhere in Canada will be covered by employer for 1 year full-time commitment as well as a $2000 Completion Bonus at the end of a successful 1 year commitment**
- Hourly pay of $20-26/hour based on experience. Gratuities on top at a rate of $3-5 extra/hour.
- Vacation pay at a rate of 4% payable on each pay cheque.
- 2 weeks unpaid vacation. Additional time off at Executive Chef’s discretion.
- $2000 bonus based on the successful completion of your 1-year commitment *Full-time staff only
- 10% off NWT keg and growler purchases / 10% off bottle and can purchases
- 20% staff discount on merchandise
- 20% discount of food and beverage at The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery outside of your work hours.
- Shift meals are complimentary up to $20/meal.
- Health Benefits (Coming soon 2022)
- Relocation subsidy may be available.
- Temporary housing may be available.
-Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
-Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
-Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff during service
-Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
-Clean up station and take care of leftover food
-Stock inventory appropriately
-Use of various kitchen equipment and utensils
-Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and timely fashion
-Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
-Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
-Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
-Ability to work in a high volume fast pace restaurant
-Proven ability to work unsupervised
-Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
-Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks