Social Media & Digital Marketing Assistant APPLY NOW
Welcome to the NWT Brewing Company - Nestled between the wonder of the aurora borealis and the rugged nature of the northern frontier, our little brewing outpost is one of a kind. Located in the spirited town of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories we are the northernmost brewpub in Canada. We are family-owned and have a passion for making great beer North of 60!
Looking for a part-time job in the field of marketing and social media (and the beer industry of course!)? Our company is currently looking for a personable craft beer enthusiast that is passionate and knowledgable about craft beer and ready to work for a unique and growing company. As the Social Media & Digital Marketing Assistant at the NWT Brewing Company, you will be responsible for implementing and executing the companys daily, weekly, and monthly marketing projects for our company in order to attract new customers and retain existing ones. You will work alongside and coordinate with the General Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of The Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery as well as coordinating with the brewery.
You are expected to take initiative, be a self-starter and maintain a strong attention to detail with respect to all work being performed. The ideal candidate will be reliable, trustworthy, hardworking and have a great attitude.
We offer a casual work environment, flexible work hours, vacation, health benefits (for 30+ hours), company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Live and learn the culture, history, policies, and vision of NWTBC!
As NWT Brewing Company’s Social Media & Digital Marketing Assistant you will:
- Create daily social media posts pre-scheduled for the week involving our weekly food program, beer launches, events, merchandise and any other related information.
- Assist with the development and implementation of events at The Woodyard and outside the organization from time to time
- Oversee our online presence including social media, website content, and online store platforms
- Develop strategies and marketing campaigns to get the word out about our company and our beer and to drive online and in person traffic
- Meet company objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications including print, digital and video
- Create and maintain sell sheets for all new and existing beers
- Participate in overall sales strategy and goal planning for the sale of NWT Brewing beer and other associated products online
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns
- Analyze consumer behaviour and adjust campaigns accordingly
- Run company social media advertising campaigns by creating high-quality original content that is well written and includes thoughtful visual content
- Maintain a solid online presence and oversee customer service provided via social media
- Monitor the company’s brand on social media
- Manage our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement
- Respond to comments/questions on each of our accounts
- Update and maintain our company hours online on all platforms
- Update and maintain our online takeout ordering platform
- Implement a monthly email newsletter with customer sign-up available through our website
- Other related duties that may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Track record of successful performance
- Technical computer skills and website content creation
- Fluent in Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Dedication to continued improvement, growth, and skill development is extremely important
- You value quality above all and are willing to devote the appropriate care and attention to every step of the process
- A sense of aesthetics, good grammar, and a knack for effective, kind communication.
- Graphic design background is an asset
- This is an hourly paid role between $20 - 25/hour based on experience.
- Casual work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Health benefits for fulltime
- Company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food
- Team building and social events